Thursday, October 2, 2008

First Saturday in October

I swam 800M twice this week. The first time was 24:47 and the second time was 23:30! I was pumped to see that I could pick that time and beat it. I have tried to work on my Big Tone Breast Stroke to make it more efficient. Aquatic Director Mike must think I am nutty if he ever sees me flailing in the water!! In anticipation of this weekend's 5K I have run our trail. I think I can beat my time from the Great Race by 2 minutes. That's my goal and I'm sticking to it. Dad, I will write down the time and give it to you. You can be my pace coach for Sunday!
Which brings me to another huge event coming up in our lives. The first Saturday in October for the last 17 years has marked the local Halloween parade. Most of you reading this blog know what this event means. For us, it's a chance to host as many family and friends as possible to show our tremendous pride in our community. We have a "once you're invited you're always invited" philosophy, too. Some kids in the area have spent every halloween parade at our house! Missy and I absolutely love (and stress pre-party!) to have everyone over. It's a good chance for us to see how far our love reaches. Mom mom's chicken noodle soup and cookies, Grammy's chili, Uncle Smokey's jambalaya, Missy's Jello shots via syringes, Victor's pizza, Kiki's mac n cheese, and a host of other special treats everyone brings will fill us all (and there are never leftovers!). So, Happy Halloween Parade weekend everyone and, remember, Go Big Tone!

6 comments:

aimeeg said...

ALWAYS a good time! I wish we could fly down for it:)

Have an awesome time on Saturday!!
Go Big Tone!

Big Tone's Mom said...

Yes the parade and party are always a good time. Even the baking and cooking are fun. Too bad your sister and Mike can't be here. A jello shot to them (or perhaps they already had too many shots last week).

Go Big Tone on Sunday, we will be there cheering you on.
Mom

BIGdaddy said...

I will gladly clook it for you. I will also make sure the gas tank is full so I can go along.
Keep up the good work.

BIGdaddy said...

Make that "clock"

LaneCrew said...

We will be there, I will bring my Asian Salad! :) AJ is so excited for the parade. He loves the bands and conducting them! LOL
GO BIG TONE on Sunday! We will be thinking of you!

Unknown said...

Sorry we cannot make it! We are always thinking of you guys during this event! Have a great time and sounds like your training is paying off!