Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Muhls, Lions, Phillies, Eagles,Phillies


Swim run, swim run, swim run. I have been on a good streak of swimming 1K and running 5K. I really have come to like getting in the pool. Although I receive no points for style, I always time myself and continue to beat the previous workout's time. Aquatic Director Mike puts the pool timer on for me. I feel like I'm in the Water Cube! Ha ha. I've eliminated the side stroke and any laps with a back stroke. I've even taken the advice of Michele Y and have gotten a few laps in with a "freestyle". The run is still a steady workout for me. I even ran in the rain because I had it on the plan for yesterday. I even scared the heck out of Eddie S on the trail with his two dogs. Anyone who knows Eddie knows that is a funny scene! The blood sugar has been good too. Running is a great equalizer for eating what I want. Swimming, though, makes me famished!! Although I swim the same as Michael Phelps does in about 10 minutes (it takes me 30) I can understand why he consumes those huge meals!

A great weekend for sports if you're me. It started with the Muhls in a comeback win under the lights Friday night. Then off to watch PSU and the Phighting Phils simultaneously get the W. Josh rang me up for a great day at the Linc to see the Eagles win. We had a great time and we should do more of that, my friend! Home for a shower and comfy clothes with Missy and Bean to watch the Phils get sooooo close to the championship!! Go Big Tone and the Phils!!

2 comments:

aimeeg said...

Sounds like you are really tearing up the pool! Awesome.
Go Big Tone!

Big Tone's Mom said...

keep up the determination.