Sunday, September 28, 2008

Great Race and NOT last place!


Parents weekend was filled with fun on campus. A much needed hug for the injured, a puppy and all his friends, a rugby game and social, and an early night in the city for Big Tone and Miss Missy. Pittsburgh's Great Race was Sunday morning bright and early. The weather was dry but extremely humid! Missy and I caught a shuttle (no easy task) and thought it would be a breeze to get to the start and for her to get back down to the finish. Not so. We eventually got my number and Missy caught the shuttle but it dropped her 2 miles from the finish! She got her workout in to make it to see me finish in the nick of time. While she was doing that, I was in line to use the "facilities" during the national anthem and the start gun! By the time I finished my business, the crowd of 3700 was off and running/walking. It took me a while to get around the walkers and slower runners (if you can imagine a runner slower than me!). A beautiful 3 miles from Pitt's campus down to the point. Ran the whole way and was greeted by the two little Cranberry boys in the picture and Lil Tone. Thanks for coming out. Also, thanks for all the well wishes from everyone. They fuel me and lets me feel like I am competing for all of your sakes! And, as always, thanks to my Missy. She's the best (wife, friend, coach, and manager).

3 comments:

aimeeg said...

Way to go, Big Tone! One step closer to reach the Tri goal!

Great photo:)

Big Tone's Mom said...

Way to go. The first one is always the hardest. Keep on pushing. Proud of you.
Love ya,

LaneCrew said...

YEAH Big Tone! You did it!! Great job! And great job to Miss Missy! Keep up the great work! Very proud of you!
Love Ya!