Thursday, October 9, 2008

Not the End of a Streak, But the Beginning of a New One

Two days of rest this week so far but not by choice. I fell ill Sunday afternoon after the race (and a miserable Eagles game). I napped for 2 hours and woke up Monday morning with a terrible sinus infection. I say woke up loosely because I have very little recollection of Monday at all. After Missy dragged me to the doctor Monday night, he told me sinusitis and don't go to work on Tuesday and maybe even Wednesday. I know the voice in my head keeps telling me I'm invincible but this Type I helped to knock me back! I couldn't even think about working out Monday or Tuesday. I worked at taking in fluids!! Ha. Oh well, followed orders and was out on Wednesday. I went to work easy and had a decent day. An evening 3 miler at dusk (with my relector vest on) proved to be good medicine. I finished strong and felt even better. Know when to rest is my take away.
Wednesday was a bit of a disappointment in another area. After almost 2 full regular seasons without a loss, the volleyball team we follow dropped one in a 3 game match. Our fan base was sad but I say if you get knocked down seven times, you get up for the eighth! So to Beaner, T, Marissa, Col-B, Zoe, Maddie, and the rest of the team, get back up and show 'em what you got. You can do it!!

7 comments:

aimeeg said...

Sorry you were sick, that sux! Glad you are on the mend.

Go Big Tone:)

Anonymous said...

Thanks Big Tone! :)

Wiggles said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wiggles said...

You win some you lose some. It's not about getting back up when you fall... it's about what you do after you get up... :) believe me I know

Go Big Tone

LaneCrew said...

Awe, sorry to hear you were sick. Keep taking in those fluids and Echanacia!! :o) Great words of wisdom Wiggles!! Go Beaner, you can do it!! Take care all!
Love,
LaneCrew

Big Tone said...

Ahh very nice Wiggles. You remember your(or mine) Aldous Huxley...

Big Tone's Mom said...

I am sure Wiggles and Bean know all about getting back up and just doing it. They have a great mentor (Big Tone and Missy)
Love
Mom