Wednesday, October 22, 2008

M. Louise Ciccone, Bay City MI 1958


I am having a great week of training. I know that sounds conceited but there have been weeks or runs or other workouts that I haven't told you about! Ha ha. I am on a 1K swim 5K run per day week. I know it's only two days so far but I promise to do the same tomorrow! I feel good and have adjusted my run mix to help me get through Missy's loop with confidence and strength. My blood sugars are reflecting the good workouts, too. I can flat out knock this diabetes right out of the park ala Chase Utley in Game 1 of the World Series. Go Phillies!!!
Ok, my road bike has a name. Eric and Lisa confirmed the vote on CCD night (that would be adult CCD for those of you keeping score at home!). Madonna Louise Ciccone has reinvented herself many times over and she is old/used by pop culture standards. She is of Italian decent and has shown some serious commitment to fitness. When I rode my bike for the "very first time", I knew I was starting a new chapter in my life. Although I have never "vogued" while riding, I do live with a few "material girls". If you haven't guessed yet, my road/racing bike has a new name. I will call her Madonna. So if you see me riding Madonna, don't tell Guy or A-Rod, just say Go Big Tone!

5 comments:

aimeeg said...

Congratz on the good workout week! You and Madonna seem to be finding your groove.

BIGdaddy said...

Thank you for your comments on 10/18.
I truly appreciate what you said. I have been glad for the support that I have gotten from you, Missy, the girls, Aimee, Mike, and most of all, from your mom. She has been my rock and managed to keep my going no matter how low I got. She is and always will be the foundation upon which this family stands. A great deal of her strength comes from the ordeal she faces routinely dealing with her health issues. We can never really know all the she tolerates.
But this blog is about you and what you are trying to accomplish. Keep up the good work. You make me proud.

Big Tone's Mom said...

Madonna? Talk about a material girl.
Proud of you though. Keep it going.
Mom

FreddyBeachPete said...

You need to post a pic of your ride - Madonna!! Love the name by the way. My bike is "Sebastian" in honour of St. Sebastian. Here's a link:

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k100/freddybeachpete/DSC00231.jpg

Pete

aimeeg said...

Dude, time to update.