Saturday, October 18, 2008

I Will Never Be Able To Out Work My Dad

Great 2 days of workouts. Friday was 8 miles on the road bike (still unnamed) then on to run Missy's 2 mile walk loop in the village. I was nervous since I said I was going to do that last week and was unable to complete. Fried chicken for lunch and the market and all, I finished very strong. I actually felt like I could have done more. Even celebrated with Don, my "biathlete" friend, after the homecoming game! Got up early Saturday with Steve and rode 22 miles on the trail. Blood sugar in check before. Yes, it was cold and yes, our toes were numb!! Felt great, though. I am sure Steve's legs are going to be fine, Michele!!! After, split a bagel with Missy and tasted some new market fudge and my blood sugar was still in check. I can flat out beat this diabetes! Ha ha...
World Run Day, rail trail style, is starting to grow with a few weeks left to join. Mom and I got our shirts. Steve and his team have theirs on order and Missy and Bean are right behind. Are you registering today???
Special note, hats (and gloves after this morning's ride!) off to Big Tone's Dad. There are too many lessons learned here to list. Way to go on the latest highpoint. You never fail to always do more and do it by never showing the lows. You never lost your hero status! Love you.

2 comments:

aimeeg said...

Way to go, Big Tone! I can only imagine how many people you are inspiring by sharing all of this.

I need to register yet for World Run Day--it's the day after our Margaritaville party, but if you could run after the Halloween Parade Party, then darnit, we can do it too!

And I echo all your words about Dad--always a true hero.

Big Tone's Mom said...

The glue that holds us together.
Love to you all