Sunday, October 5, 2008

It's Not Fair, We've Got Mer(and she's trying to keep up with the Joneses!)


The morning after the big party was time to run/walk. Alex, Maggie, Patrick, Meredith and I ran a local 5K. Kiki and Missy walked it. Mom mom and Pop pop lead the charge at the finish with Wiggles, Bean, Jamie, Jakob, Nickolas, Pinot, Stoli, and Cabo. It was a beautiful morning to have a clear head and open up on the trail. I set a goal of 2 minutes faster than last week and I beat my goal. My dad had a clock on my start and finish and he had me beating it by 2:14. I was happy. The big winners on the day were Maggie and Meredith who came in first and second in their age group!! We were all so proud. All that food the night before and only one jello shot kept my blood sugar in check and fueled me to my goal!

Thanks for everyone's well wishes at the parade. We now have a Big Tone Tri Army wearing Diabetes bracelets!

4 comments:

Big Tone's Mom said...

Way to go everyone. It was exciting to just watch and cheer. Now get ready for the next one on Nov. 9 at your trail. I signed up already for my shirt.

Proud of all you guys for hanging in there even though the big party was the night before.
Big Tone's Mom

aimeeg said...

Way to go Big Tone, and all the other participants! That is so awesome that you bet your time.

Hey, where's my flippin diabetes bracelet???

LaneCrew said...

Great job Big Tone and gang on your race! I knew you could beat your time! Speaking of time...We had a great time at the party and parade! Thanks much! Keep up the great work! Take care!
Love Ya!

Hey I would like one of those bracelets too! :o)

Big Tone said...

Aimeemike, the bracelets are in the mail with some margarita swag. Lanecrew, look inside your container from the party!