Sunday, November 23, 2008

Treadmills? We don't need no stinking treadmills!

4 straight days of snow flurries and I was looking for a little break. Bean suggested I run on the treadmill. I appreciate her continued support and motivation. I ran Friday inside on the treadmill. I now know two things. One, I need to give up eating at the farmer's market for lunch on a day I must run after work. Too many foods that seem to "linger" when I try to get a pace going. Second, inside running is boring. I did make a value oriented purchase at TJ Max. I got a Nike cold mock neck and long running under pants (60% off retail!). Now I can handle the cold and avoid the treadmill. I am sure that the cold winter rain will, at times, keep me inside. But, I am willing, able, and forced (thanks to Bean) to go outside. I can't wait for the Shivers!!
Also, I gave the omnipod another whirl on the arm and I am getting better results. I think I may have discovered a few things about handling this Type I. Everyday, we seem to get better at tweeking my needs. I am really looking forward to getting my lab tests in a few months. I have all the soldiers in the Big Tone Tri army to thank for that. I really do hold myself accountable to this site and all of you. Hearing from my mom that she keeps walking and taking my dad. My brother in law on the bike at the north pole is great to hear, too. I had a low the other day but sucked back swedish fish and some cranberry and drug Missy out for a 2 miler through the village in the cold dark snow. Jackie says Don is energized by his morning runs and has dropped a few along the way. All these stories really do get my butt out to run. So keep them coming. I get bored quick! And, as always, Go Big Tone!!

4 comments:

aimeeg said...

You are definitely inspiring us all! I almost joined the co ed hockey team, but have decided to start working out on my own a bit first (plus playing hockey in negative 20 just doesn't sound too much fun:)

Thanks to Big Tone, I got into a pair of jeans the other day that I haven't worn in about two years!

Go Big Tone!

Big Tone said...

Atta girl! Everybody, that's my little sister rocking a smaller jeans size!
You are the inspiration. Everyone has been. Keep up the great work. Don't make excuses, make personal bests!!

Big Tone's Mom said...

That a boy, inspiring everyone to get out there and just move around. Dragging dad out shopping is always helpful too. He doesn't complain though but don't tell him I have other motives involved.
Good girl Bean, keep the old guy on his toes (and I don't mean pop-pop) Make him stick to that challenge.

Janice Lois said...

It's snow every where & it's the time for me also to run on my treadmill which I got last month through Smooth Fitness.