Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Hope and Change

I have come to enjoy swimming, although the pool water and pool area was a bit chilly on Monday. Another 1K swim and 5K run day. I always feel good about myself when I can combine two workouts into one day. I feel like it helps me to combat any breakfast/lunch and then dinner. I haven't had too many lows in the past few weeks. In addition, in the last week, I've downloaded a web app onto my iphone to track all my diabetes markers. Blood sugars, shots, meals, and exercise have all been loaded into my application. I can even email it to my doctor (thanks mom and dad for the gift that keeps on giving!). And after a little BigTone like run in with a certain set of doctors, I will be seeing a new one next week for the installation of an insulin pump. It's called the Omnipod and it's tubeless and wireless! I am very much looking forward to changing the way I take medicine and tightening control of my diabetes all with a more efficient way of taking on this training. I will post about the pump on the day it's officially in. I hope this change is a good one and life with diabetes gets better and easier for everyone. I'm sure Missy will be happy about that one.
With election day gone, I want to congratulate all the winners. They have important jobs to do. They should ALL be on the lookout because the Big Tone Tri's for Diabetes Army will be checking on them and keeping them accountable. Go Big Tone and the USA!

5 comments:

FreddyBeachPete said...

Hey Big Tone,

Never heard of the OmniPod before even though my son is a "pumper". Looks pretty neat. Hope it works well for you!

Jackie said...

Tone,
This is my first tiem lookin at the page actually its pretty awesome.Keep it up!

Your favorite Botch,
Brad

aimeeg said...

keep us posted on the new pump. Sounds like a good thing.
I'm leaving this comment from my iPhone:)

Go big tone!

Big Tone's Mom said...

I am all for new things making life easier for my kids especially when it comes to their health.

Wiggles said...

New pump sounds amazing. I just updated myself with your blog and thought I'd share a story...

A very famous Jamaican man during his life was shot the night before a very big show. Everyone told him he better cancel the show and that it was too risky. He said no way and that his people want to hear his call for peace and freedom and he can't let them down. Crime doesn't take a day off and neither can he from being a leader.
You can't just take a day off from diabetes so you continue to be a hero and a leader with the struggles you face everyday. This man changed many lives with his message in life and so have you. Just something I thought I'd share.

Thanks for being my hero