Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Team Big Tone Gets Furry



I added a running partner. He will be part time though since he lives in California (PA that it!). Wiggles came home for the turkey break and so did Cabo. Cabo is a 6 month old shepard/beagle/potluck from the Western PA Humane Society. He is full of energy and loves all of Pinot's and Stoli's toys. Our dogs seem to have forgotten what it means to be a puppy, too! My plan was to help spend some of his energy on the trail every morning. Well, he woke at 5:30AM and drug Wiggles to the living room. I took him on the trail around 7:30 and he did well! I hope we can build up to a mile before he leaves. I wonder how far we'll go over Christmas break?? Jaimye came home to break some bread and turkey with us. Our first college friend for the holidays! We are all looking forward to a great week.

Speaking of the turkey meal, I am looking forward to earning the calories with swim/run days this whole week. Monday was only 36 laps and 1.5 miles (work got in the way!!). Today I ran 3 on the trail after getting the dogs to the spa. Off to swim. I am going to try the full mile. Again tomorrow before my annual wine shopping trip with Don. We look special with those little carts getting the seasonal reds for the holiday!

1 comment:

aimeeg said...

Aw, what a precious moment between you and Don....:)

Glad Cabo is keeping up---if Guinness were there, he'd give you a challenge at 30mph!

Go Big Tone, and Happy Turkey Day!