Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Rehab HQ minus Amy Winehouse!


I had the absolute best workout today! Dumbells, 45 minutes (12 miles) on Madonna with the wind trainer, and 3 miles on the treadmill at a 9min 20sec split. I am very pleased with the way that went. Not only my body but the accomplishment. I really wanted to end the year strongly. Also, my blood sugar started at 136. I had a handful of sweetarts before hand and half a sports bean packet before the bike and run (thanks for the stocking stuffer mom and dad!). I finished at a blood sugar of 80. Good day all around. I had about 2 liters of water before during and after. Don't forget to hydrate!
Sports is trying to find her groove at pt. The pain is slowly subsiding with intermittent flare ups. You can see by the pic how happy she is to not be running. She'll get there...Cabo is now rehabbing. We had some rear claws removed and he is wearing one of those big collars! I think I heard Stoli and Pinot laughing at him.
See you 2008 and hello 2009. It's really just a turn of the calendar. Keep all your efforts rolling. Start new ones if you haven't started yet. Just make them better and stronger. Be safe while celebrating! See you all on the trail.

3 comments:

aimeeg said...

Sounds like a great way to end the year! I'm sure 2009 will find many more people inspired by you, Big Tone, so keep it up--you will help the rest of us keep it up!

Happy New Year!

FreddyBeachPete said...

Happy New Year Big Tone. Hope that we'll stay in touch in the months ahead and perhaps some day we'll meet in person!

Big Tone's Mom said...

I know you have certainly inspired both dad and I to start (doing anything if better than nothing). Here's hoping 2009 gets us all moving more than 2008 did.