Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Act Your Age!


Although the Shiver was a great day, I have a bit of effect from the 5K. I have this slight muscle spasm in my back that has kept me off the pavement this week so far. I have learned from that knee pain that a few days off works wonders for the aches and pains. I would rather work harder after the rest than risk further injury. Also, running outside yesterday would have sent me surely to the ER. That snow and ice can be tricky.

Our Sports had her in and out ligament repair today. She was in good spirits before. Her experience tells her it will be ok. The post op climb up the stairs to her room was tortuous for her. I don't know if she remembers the first time but I did. That helped me, although I wasn't really the one that needed help! So she will rest then rehab. The sun will surely rise in the east tomorrow...

**special note***the "old Don" complained of the photo used on race day so I found this one to keep him happy! Don is in blue and I am in all black. Missy says I look thinner that way!!

4 comments:

Big Tone's Mom said...

Learn from experience, rest, I am told, is the best advise.

Also, here's to Courtney, hang in there. It will get better, as you well know.
Love you

Jen said...

Sorry to hear both you and Courtney are hurting - I hope both of you feel much better very soon! I sent your mom a picture from the Christmas party.

cousin Jenny

aimeeg said...

Give Sports a hug from us. And good call on taking it easy yourself!!

Go Big Tone

BIGdaddy said...

I had similar aches and pains and all I did was watch the shiver.

Tell Courtney we are thinking of her.