Tuesday, January 6, 2009

6 in One, Only About 3 in the Other

Those last two weeks of basement tri workouts I have been doing have made me feel good but that treadmill has done me in! I went outside for a run this morning for the first time in about 10 days and I felt unprepared. I started out with too quick of a pace (just trying to keep up with our new runner-in-chief's 8:40 pace. Although that reported split is on a treadmill...). I was on the church loop and the end of mile 1 hill did me in. I turned it into a 3K and headed for home! Not only does that make me feel like I didn't get in the best possible workout but also my head will not rest about it until I complete a solid 5K outside. Most of it is the treadmill but I know I could do a better job at hydrating, eating right, and pre run stretching. Those are the things that will keep me off the injured reserve list. Well, the 2nd Shiver is this Sunday. My saving grace is that I can count on the Big Tone Tri Army cheering section and my friend Don might very well have to carry me to the finish! No land speed records. Remember, if you're out there, you're a winner.
I added school to our routine yesterday. That involves me finding more training time in other spots in the day. It also requires help from others. Missy and my mom have already started picking up my slack. Thanks for that. Another element like class will add challenges to the Type I factor, too. I had licorice in my school bag and I made sure to pound a plate of leftovers before I left. I keep reminding myself I am not the first person to have Type I, go back to school part time, train for a triathlon and continue all the wonderful things in my life all at the same time. Go Big Tone!

3 comments:

Big Tone's Mom said...

I know it is hard but I also know you will do whatever you make up your mind to do. Keep pushing.

Where and when is the next shiver on Sunday.

Jackie said...

Sure hope that first day of class went okay! I was thinking of you!

Go Big Tone!

aimeeg said...

You're not the first person to do all that, but you're the coolest, lol.

Hope class went well. You'll get back into the swing of your outdoor workouts quickly, just like always.

Go Big Tone!