Friday, December 12, 2008

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

A couple of runs this week to prepare for the Shiver on Sunday. I'm not feeling very confident about my time. I keep trying to tell myself that it really doesn't matter, but I would feel really bad if my times started to go backwards. I met a guy last night that just ran his first half marathon. He said it was a great experience. He got me a little pumped to run the Distance Run in Philadelphia in May. Missy, of course, was right there encouraging me to do that. Plus, I can then run the Tea Party run on Memorial Day weekend (Yes, Bean. I wouldn't take away your annual trip to the Jones resort!). I guess with that in mind, my Shivers by the River will have to bump up to doing the 5K loop twice. I always wanted to do that but now I feel I can because of all of you. I'll plan on running the 5K in Dec and Jan and get ready to do the 10 for Feb and Mar. That way it'll be sure to be super cold when I'm trying to finish 6.2 miles! Ha ha
The holiday party circuit is upon us. That only means extra calories. Although I didn't fill out the Santa suit, I am trying to be aware of my "days of binge". Exercise can really help combat those additional party meals. I am becoming quite comfortable with my pod, Ralph. The incredible convenience and mobility of the tool keeps me more focused. Is everyone out there doing the extra laps to cover your celebrations? Let me know...

3 comments:

Jackie said...

It'a about time you got Don off and running in the Shiver with you! Now it's high time I get off my butt and get motivated! I'll be there to cheer you (and Don) on at least! Go Big Tone!

aimeeg said...

Sounds like some good plans in place! Go Big Tone!

Jackie said...

I was very proud of the men today!