Saturday, September 6, 2008

Ready, Set, Go!

I am Big Tone. I am a 39 year old husband and father with Type I diabetes. I enjoy running and biking for exercise and I do it to keep my health in check. A couple of weeks ago, my youngest daughter unintentionally sparked me to train for a triathlon. I thought that if I would write about the ups, downs, and sideways about my training on the web I would be more likely to keep up the training. Also, I wanted to add an element of diabetes awareness to the site and eventually, when I can enter into a race, help raise money for diabetes research. I hope the site educates and possibly inspires anyone who visits. I am quite motivated to good health for my family. Please visit regularly so that I can show you my progress and teach you about this chronic illness with no cure available. If you happen to see me while training or, eventually, in a race, I would appreciate a hearty "Go Big Tone!" Thanks and I look forward to getting fit with all of you.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go Ahead Big Tone!!

aimeeg said...

Go Big Tone!!

The site looks awesome--I'm looking forward to following your progress!

aimeeg said...

I want to hear how your daughter unintentionally inspired this...

Donny B said...

Good work, Claude, and Go Big Tone! Looking forward to joining you out on the trails real soon. Just one question: Does this mean no beer at the Halloween parade?

joeblade said...

Way to go Big Tone! You are the man Let's hit the trail for a jog...(cough, cough)

liltone said...

Dude-
Go get em'! Halloween Parade attendance may be down, but everyone will feel a whole lot better come Sunday AM and who knows, maybe even make mass with Mrs.P.the next day. Also, way to inspire Beaner!