Monday, September 15, 2008

Shiny New Bike!


So, Stoli (our Lhasa shi tzu mix) and I went to our first triathlon on Sunday morning. We went to check things out and get a feel for how this event runs. I had pre race jitters on the way to the staging area even though I wasn't even competing! However, what I realized is that all kinds of people do this and, despite the fact that I am a ways from being ready, I feel good about myself completing the event. My favorite part was hearing the cheers from the crowd. A "Go Daddy or Mommy" from the little ones brought a tear to my eye (if you know me, then you know that tear was literal!). One man even slowed about 15 yards from the finish so he could cross the end line holding hands with his 5 year old daughter. It reminded me of one of my first 10K's where Sports ran with me to the end line for about 20 yards (yes, another tear there!).
Well, I picked up my road bike on Friday. I was very excited. It is a white Bianchi Eros with a multicolored bar tape. I name all my bikes so I will look for suggestions from anyone posting. My red Gary Fisher is named Fergie and my old white Giant is called Carmen Electra. I hope to name my new girl soon so feel free to come up with a good one! I rode a short 10 miler last night before dusk and I am very pleased. I can't wait to train harder on her(twss!!).

4 comments:

Juliette said...

Very exciting!
It might be a fantastic atmosphere when competing.
I am sure it gives you even more motivation to start on your new lady. You need to show us a pic that we can name her...

I got your blog address from Aimee.

aimeeg said...

I agree with Juliette---we need a photo to properly name such an important lady.

Does it have to be after a hot chick? How about "Victory" or "Triumph"? Too cheesy?

Mike said "Flossie".......not sure where that came from. Then he said "Ball Buster".

We'll keep thinking.
Go Big Tone

Big Tone said...

Ok, there is a picture. I wanted to do that but kind of forgot! I thought everyone named their bikes! "Flossie"?? Did Mike have a long distance secret crush on our neighbor growing up?? Ha ha Did you get the twss at the end of the post?

aimeeg said...

I didn't get the "twss".

Nice photo. Sweet bike. Can it go off any cool jumps?