Thursday, September 11, 2008

Big Tone 1, Type I 0

Well, as I was waiting on a doc this afternoon at 3, my blood sugar dropped. Probably because I over bolused but it was low. When I got to my car, I checked. It was 49 (ugh!). I scampered with a pack of Twizzler's and some nerds. After a struggle to focus again, I rebounded just fine. Since I did not make it to my early morning run, I still had to rally to get the 4 miles in. By 6:30 tonight I finished a 4 mile run and walked with Missy for 20 minutes as a cool down. That is an example of the potential struggle with this zero insulin producing pancreas of mine! Either way, I managed and still got the 4 miler in!

2 comments:

aimeeg said...

Wow, I'm glad you can recognize it so quickly when it drops like that to quickly get some sugar in you.

BIGdaddy said...

Better start keeping some tubes of icing in the car