Wednesday, September 24, 2008

It's Deja Vu All Over Again

I ran the Shiver course early Sunday morning. I really wanted to check an actual 5K route for this Sunday's Great Race. I did well and came in under my super slow goal time. I followed it up Monday with a 4 miler to get my legs under me and felt great. Rest day Tuesday but I was in a mood to grind something out so I hopped on the road bike (still unnamed!) and attacked some hills. It felt good to get up and over even after a couple of run days. I am tapering a bit for the race but I want to swim twice this week and I will get in some easy runs before taking Friday and Saturday off. I really wanted to run early morning but some blood sugar highs have gotten in the way. More of an pain in the neck than anything. A bolus of insulin and a 20 minute nap before getting the Bean to school usually helps.
We snagged a bit of a bump in the road in our house. Wiggles has taken it on the knee, again. I feel terrible for her but I know that because she is such a strong willed and determined young woman this will only be a bump in the road. Re-inventing herself is what has made her so incredible. Love you, Wiggles. I'll train harder with you on my mind.

5 comments:

BIGdaddy said...

keep it up

Big Tone's Mom said...

You both can do it. The two of you have such great determination and know there are so many people who believe in you both.
Big Tone's Mom
Love you

aimeeg said...

Wiggles has a great role model in you to help her stay strong.

Can't wait to hear all about the race--go Big Tone!

Unknown said...

Way to go Tony!!! I had hit a wall, but am back on track! Good luck this weekend!

LaneCrew said...

GO Big Tone!! You can do it!! Good Luck and God Bless you! You will be in our prayers for strength, endurance, and safety! Wiggles is in our prayers too for fast healing and strength!
Love Yas!