Sunday, January 11, 2009

Icy Conditions Ahead

Today was the second Shiver By the River. The race was held without Big Tone and Don. It's a residential road course with some side streets that don't get the salt and plow attention that highways do. I drove it 90 minutes before race time to make a decision. I chatted with one of the organizers and she told me there was a lot of black ice and it seemed like an accident waiting to happen. Good enough for me! I bailed. Don was out already since KevBo was off to start his studies away from home (they grow up so fast!). My mom offered her mink earmuffs but I declined. So I picked up some Wawa coffee for Missy and me and headed to the basement. A bagel and raspberry jelly for fuel first. Missy was on the treadmill and I got on Madonna. We switched, so to speak. That is, I finished on the bike and got on the treadmill and Missy finished on the treadmill and went upstairs to watch the recorded Grey's with the Bean! Ha ha. Good for her to walk on a big eating/drinking Eagles football Sunday. Go Birds...
Wiggles left for school this weekend and took my new furry buddy, Cabo, with her. She seemed a lot stronger with that knee. I am so proud of her. Life doesn't get neatly packaged in easy strings of time or place. This was a good reaction to a not so convenient situation. Study hard, honey.

3 comments:

aimeeg said...

Good call, definitely not worth the risk on that ice!

Wiggles has a great role model in Big Tone!

I am traveling to villages all week long, and figuring out food while I'm in schools for a week is tough. It would be easy for me to completely crash my eating this week by having school lunches every day, but I know how bad those are for me. So Big Tone to the inspiration again--I just went to the store and bought some fruit and soup that I can pack for the week:)

Big Tone's Mom said...

Sounds good that all my kids are on the healthy trail, even got dad doing things to move around. (Still thinking about the Wii, to make it interesting for him and me).

Made the right decision about doing the basement.

Wiggles is going to be alright. She just has a hard road up ahead.

Aimee, stay safe while traveling.
Love to you all.

Go Eagles, next up, out to Uncle Larry's territory. Hope he brings them special luck.

Jackie said...

Where are you at with runnin this week, Tone? You still doin your workouts in the basement? Very, very quiet on here, lately!!! Let's get it started! Ha!