Sunday, January 25, 2009

Constant Nagging and Harrassing!!

First trip away from home on the pod. Mass produced food and a tight agenda usually don't mix well for my Type I. Boston for work for 3 days (including Missy and my 20th wedding anniversary), and I stayed very level and in range with my blood sugar. I didn't get to exercise since there was about a foot of snow on the ground. I tried to make up for it Friday with a nice outside run at home. Springlike 50 degree January weather was awesome. I opted out of a Saturday run to go to the city with Missy and my parents for some marketing. I love the city. We got some great food and got to stake out a potential Tri course for June. The river where the swim will be was icy and looked ominous as we passed along the expressway in the car. Missy was doing her best to find the Columbia Ave bridge around which I will have to make a loop but we didn't know it is a railroad bridge. I got excited and nervous at the same time. A goal to be realized for sure.
With that being said, I need to take the "mother-in-law defense" from my friend, Don, with more heart. I have found a 12 week plan for the tri that I think I can complete already. I must start scheduling a more strict plan of attack. So, Don, I will be out on the road with you going forward. Thanks.
And, thanks to Patrick for fixing the front door. Now I won't have to yell about fixing it anymore.

2 comments:

aimeeg said...

So is there a triathlon scheduled in the city in June?

Big Tone's Mom said...

Trip to the city was fun. Bought lots of food, saw where the run will be and can't wait to be there to see you. Keep up the good work. I know it is tough some times but you aren't a quitter.