Sunday, January 18, 2009

Just When You Thought It Was Safe to Go Back In the Water



After a long break due to schedules and when the pool is available, I jumped back in on Friday night. I got there a little early when the age group kids were finishing their practice and I got a few tips listening to their coaches. My mom thinks I should go to their practice and fake my age. I think they wouldn't take long to figure me out. I got in 40 laps and used my new finger lap counter. It worked very well. I even swam next to an old icon of our area. A former little league football coach who used to run us ragged. We all know him and if you are reading this you most likely had a hoagie from his shop in the eighties!! I did need a rescue from Michele Y. afterwards. She was in line at the concession stand for the boys hoop game and got me some swedish fish. I was a little low after the swim. Thanks for the help Michele.
Another big week for the Eagles. We even had dinner with Hank Baskett. Well, we had dinner in the same place as him and then he signed Bean! Go Eagles!!

1 comment:

aimeeg said...

Cool Eagle sighting!

Glad to see you are back in the pool. I would think that would be the hardest to keep up with just because it's a newer part to your workout routine from the last couple years, so it's awesome to see you pushing your way back in there.

Go Big Tone!