Friday, April 24, 2009

Fighting crime in cold waters everywhere


The weather is superb. Bean had a soccer game across town, I got in a few late day calls, and we were headed into a cookout with a gazillion calories so I said I would bike to the game. Well, Dr. John, the chiropractor, told me how to get to the game without much traffic and all the while give me the workout I need. I headed out past Missy's office and made the climbs. Yes, climbs. Across town where we live is 5 miles at best. To make a long post shorter, after plenty of up and downs, the 17 miles only got me at the game at the half and a few chuckles from Lisa Z. I rode home through the city and the round trip was 25. I was a bit tired at the end, I needed a pack of SportsBeans(I love that they make a Hypoglycemic rebound snack that is named for my two daughters!) in the middle and still my blood sugar dropped to 54 by the time I came back into the driveway. I need to do this type of workout more often. The sluggish feeling I had in my legs felt fantastic. We had a great cookout dinner and a fire and I reminded myself that I do love life. My parents took Missy and I to dinner to celebrate the end of my first semester last night and that only added to my riches. I have less than 90 days to the tri. I feel the pressure but with the support of family and friends their wave will get me to where I need to be. Thanks Lisa and Mackenzie for the Tuesday night Go Big Tone. I heard you through my heavy breathing!! Keep the Go Big Tone's coming. My inner Big Tone knows I need them...

2 comments:

aimeeg said...

Wow, what a workout! That's awesome!

You need a cape to go with that getup in the pic, by the way.

Go Big Tone!

Big Tone's Mom said...

Maybe we should start calling you Super Big Tone"

Great workout keep pushing. We all have the easy part--encouraging you to keep on pushing.