Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Role Model??


If you are wondering what I've been doing while not blogging it looks a lot like Pinot in the above photo. It seems as though my foot injury combined with a seemingly month long celebration of my 40th birthday have taken over my tri training. That, is a bad thing. I have a 5K this Saturday in Maryland. The cause is great. A little girl from Chestertown who has gone through a severe heart health ordeal. Kiki tried to organize a little fundraiser for her. We obliged. Of course, I didn't count on being way off any kind of game to compete. Oh well, I will start and finish like usual, way in the back.
Since my last post, I have started to get my open swim gear thanks to a generous donation from my parents. I hope to get to the lake and or some rivers sometime this month and next to be prepared for the choppy river waters on tri day. I did get out on Madonna a couple of weeks ago. I was waiting for Bean to finish practice and it was spectacular. I only did a 10 mile loop but I added a couple of small hills and I was outside which made me happy.
My class is coming to a rapid close. Finals in about 10 days. The end of the first class, especially Anatomy and Physiology, will be a nice accomplishment. I must get better at mixing everything together. I didn't plan on one thing taking away from another. For example, contributing to my poor running status is my poor eating habits on class night. Also, there was a weekend stretch where I realized I had gone about 3 days with 0 vegetables on my plate! Not a very Type I friendly way to run the body.
Appointment exercise is next. I fit a swim and a half hearted run in over a non-working lunch. The swim went well but the run did not. I feel like if I can smartly fuel my body and get some more time on the road with shoes and wheels, I can get back into a rhythm quickly. There is a deadline to all of this so I better.
Look for details of a American Diabetes Association fundraiser for the tri locally soon. Here's a hint, name the celebrity bartender...Go Big Tone.

4 comments:

The Jones Family said...

Glad you are coming to support the cause. I could always use your help during the race if you are not up for the run!

Also, keep us posted for your celebrity bar tending date. We would like to try to make it.

Looking forward to seeing you on Friday.

Love,
Kiki

Big Tone's Mom said...

Oh these bad habits need to be broken but I know you will get back on track.

aimeeg said...

A minor setback in the grand scheme of your training--you will be back on board quickly, I know it.

Go Big Tone!

Jackie said...

Alright.....you recognize what you must do to improve so make a plan for the next few weeks and STICK TO IT! There will plenty of time for celebrating in June. You have a lot on your plate right now, but I trust you will stick to a training plan, especially once you classes end. I'm very proud of you, Tone!