Thursday, February 5, 2009

Do you think Achilles liked the color blue?


I ran outside in the cold(Yes, Marcy H, ran!) on Tuesday. It wasn't the cold that got me. There was even some snow falling. I had a decent pace going and went 4 miles. By the end of the run, a little old heel pain starting to present itself. I have worn inserts for an old heel spur/ligament damage for almost a year with no pain. When I returned home and took off my running shoes, I saw why my foot hurt. The color of my inserts and the color of the inside of my running shoes are the same and I got dressed with no lights on! I didn't even realize there weren't any inserts in. The rest of the night and all the next day, especially the next morning, I was in 8-9 range pain. With my inserts in, a day of rest and a few doses of ibuprofen, I think I'm ok. I got back on the treadmill today for 30 minutes and did well. Those 36 hours made me nervous because I can't afford to be too injured to swim/bike/run. I will attempt an outdoor run tomorrow and give the Shiver a go this Sunday. We are expecting some springlike weather, near 50!
I have my first post-Omnipod checkup with Ralph next week. I'll be sure to post the results. I really expect my numbers to have moved in the right direction.
Missy told me I got my tri race shirt in the mail today. What do you think? I don't think I should wear it until I can be called a triathlete, though. Plus, Missy doesn't usually let me wear white shirts. Oh well, it'll be good for a 4th of July party. Go Big Tone.

1 comment:

aimeeg said...

I'm glad the foot is healing already! So awesome that your shirt came. You should hang it somewhere that you see it daily for even more inspiration!

Go Big Tone!