Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Nice and Easy, Weezy.


With our second Shiver by the River behind us, Don has set a new goal. He wants to run the 10K and beat the old man wearing no shirt and white gloves. That is a hearty goal since my heel is now officially injured. I am taking a few days off of action completely. I also will be seeing a doctor to make sure he doesn't think it's in need of something other than rest. I can't afford too much time off. I already registered for the Tri and my parents want to scholarship me a wetsuit! Forging ahead seems to be the theme this week so I will get on that train!
Speaking of doctors, I did see Ralph for the first post pod check up today. All is well and he gave me a gold star. We needed to tweak a few numbers on the pod but he feels the diabetes is being smacked down by our efforts! That always makes me happy to hear. So, 10K is the goal for March (and beating the shirtless/gloved man), hop on the bike and in the water for some non-impact cardio, get sized up for a wetsuit, and try to stop the aging process. 3 out of 4 won't be too bad. Go Big Tone.
Special thanks again to the Army for their Sunday showing. Especially when my foot almost beat the rest of me, it helps tremendously.

4 comments:

BIGdaddy said...

Take care of the foot. Something like that can really wreck your training plans. When your feet hurt it can bring down the rest of your body...even for those of us who are less than athletic.

Big Tone's Mom said...

Good report on the pod. You and Don will really have to try harder to beat the old shirless and white glove guy, but you can do it.

Ready when you are for the wetsuit.

aimeeg said...

I LOVE the picture:)

Take care of that ankle--your army is rooting for you.

liltone said...

Dude-
If Tiger Woods can endure the pain he had from his ACL to beat Rocco and win the Open, you can certainly overcome this minor setback. Go get a shot of cortizone and really take care of that heel!