Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Hey, That Guy Started at Mile 2.5!!! And he looks like Steve O!


Don and I are fully and one hundred percent committed to doing the 10K on March 8. He told me so the other day via email. I kept it so I have proof! We are even on a plan. 3 miles yesterday, 40 minute crosstraining, 3.5 miles, etc. He said he has has heel pain but I think he's just trying to make me feel good since after the last 5K he had to feed me Amstel Light, ibuprofen, and an ice pack. I'm glad he is definitely going to do the 10K in March. That will force me to focus on having a training schedule. Thanks, Don!
The cortisone shot Dr. Z gave me last week seems to have worked. I won't know for sure until I get a couple of outside runs in but I think the worst is behind me. I have another appointment with him next week for another possible treatment. Sometimes the cortisone can spike a Type I's blood sugar. I have had only one issue with that in the past but not this time. Come to think of it, this time I am wearing the pod and had no issues with blood sugar. Ralph must be on to something! Missy also has me counting points for a diet. It's not easy but results are imminent. A lighter leaner Big Tone can only be faster! Ha
Mid term tomorrow. Biggest exam I've ever taken. It's only Anatomy and Physiology!! Well, if you see a geeky looking fellow carrying a big back pack on the way to the Health Services Building across from the museum, don't laugh, just yell Go Big Tone.

3 comments:

aimeeg said...

Good luck on your midterm! I will be thinking of you! I am presenting at a statewide special ed conference tomorrow, so I will be channeling the Big Tone energy:)

BIGdaddy said...

Just remember it is skill and knowledge over ignorance and superstition

Big Tone's Mom said...

Go Big Tone on both your training and on your schooling. Do your best at both and you will succeed.
Love you