Monday, June 15, 2009

Rounding third...

Less than two weeks away from the big event and I'm still feeling nervous and excited. I have been on a steady bike, run, bike/run workout schedule for the last few weeks. I still haven't gotten down to see the actual swim start but I will before the big day. Finally I have entered and begun using a temporary basal profile for my omnipod while I am working out. This seems to make for better Type I results. Also, I really think my blood sugar needs to be around 200 the morning of the race at start. That will really keep having a low off my mind.
Once I get through this week, I will have to begin somewhat of a taper. I will put Thursday and Friday of next week in as rest days with short workouts for the beginning of the week. I will be expecting some Tri mail this week. My "Athlete Information Packet" should come today or tomorrow hopefully answering some logistical questions.
Other than that, keep the cheers coming. Go Big Tone.

2 comments:

aimeeg said...

Wow, two weeks! I'm getting excited for you!

Go Big Tone!!

Big Tone's Mom said...

Go Big Tone. There are a lot of supporters behind you that wish the best for you. Dad and I will be there cheering you on.
Love you,
Mom