Monday, July 13, 2009

"Tri" to get out and exercise today!

After a week off and trying to underwhelm my calendar, I was back in the pool last week. I think I may have a target for a swim instructor. I wear the family swim cap to try and channel their energy so I think I'll try to trick them into thinking I could teach them to bike if they teach me to breath in the pool! We went south for a quick trip. Mom and Dad got to meet all our MD friends. Even went on the boat and picked crabs. While we were there, our tri team grew in size. Kip, Karen, and Meg are now interested in competing. I think that sounds like a need for a team jersey!! I'm thinking Red and Black (both our girls college colors; ha ha Beaner!!).

In case you were thinking you should quit worrying about how you might look in a bathing suit and just picked cookouts as your event of choice, read this entry by Peter, another diabetic triathlete from Canada. He volunteered to be a guide for blind participants in a triathlon recently. I guarantee you that if you cut and paste the link into your browser and read the entire post, you will most certainly find time to do some sort of athletic activity today and the rest of this week. Thanks Peter.
http://petermcdrunning.blogspot.com/

Go Big Tone and the Tri Team!!

4 comments:

aimeeg said...

I hit up the fitness center last night, spent a little time on the treadmill. Am going to try to make it a habit :)

Go Big Tone!

PS: Bean goes to college now?

FreddyBeachPete said...

Hi Big Tone,

Thanks as always for dropping by my blog and leaving me a comment. Thanks also for writing about Myra on yours.

Have you ever had a look at the BeginnerTriathlete.com site? I'm a regular visitor there and have a great "mentor" group that I have been a part of.

Best regards,

Peter

Big Tone's Mom said...

You inspire all of us. Whenever I can get dad and I up and walking I think of you as our inspiration. Keep on inspiring. Little by little I always say to dad.

Wait, Claudia's colors are blue and gold. But count dad and I in for team jerseys.

aimeeg said...

Time for an update, yo.