Friday, March 6, 2009

When is 5 better than 10?

Injuries, excuses, lack of sticking to the plan, Marcy H, Don opening my window of failure, and most of all no real reason to get it done are all the reasons I will be running just the 5K this Sunday. I was hoping to do the loop twice but I think I can only muster enough for the one time. Still, it is supposed to be spectacular for Sunday at the "shiver". 60 degrees and cloudy. Perfect running conditions. I will be playing the part of an athlete Saturday night as well. While I was on my first outside run since the last shiver tonight I was thinking, "What do I have that the old shirtless gloved man doesn't have?" The only thing I could come up with was an extra 20lbs!!!That's ok, we cannot measure our intrinsic success by what others have or can do that we don't have or cannot do. We really should set personal goals for ourselves and work very hard to hit them. Even if it's to just get 3 out of 4 shivers completed in a season. Or maybe it's just to work out 5 out of 7 days for the next 4 weeks. Or maybe it's even simpler, like for every non rainy day for the next 3 months, park at the farthest spot from the door of your work building. Springtime is almost upon us so it is time to renew our zest for exercise. In whatever form it may come. Just set some goal and accomplish it.
March may have come in as a lion but it will be leaving in the form of the "No Excuse" part of my journey. Once Aimee can explain it to me, I will be setting a countdown to the Triathlon on June 27 on the site. It will start 90 days from the gun. I love the hype and pressure of this website. It fuels my fire to be able to tell someone that I completed my first triathlon. An old work friend just wrote that fact about herself to me and I got excited for my opportunity. Please keep the support coming. The hard part is just about upon us. For those of you who read but do not post comments(Lisa...), I understand. For those of you who do, I read every one of them. Sometimes more than once! Thanks. Especially now that the weather is breaking, don't forget, Go Big Tone!
**Marcy H, I poked fun at your sister on FB today so I wanted to even the family ribbing!! Ha ha

6 comments:

aimeeg said...

Go to tickerfactory.com

Choose "event countdown" and then go through the steps for choosing your layout/slider that you want. It walks you through how to add the information then gives you a thing to copy/paste into your blogspot template.

Let me know if you need help!

Lauri Bruno said...

You can do anything you set your mind to, Big Tone! We admire your vision and perserverance. GO BIG TONE from the Brunos!

Big Tone's Mom said...

Go Big Tone from one of your biggest supporters. It is only mind over matter and I know you can achieve that.

Lisa and Mackenzie were out cheering for the Big Tone on Sunday so maybe next step is putting on a comment. One baby step at a time.

Lauri Bruno said...

From Jacob: "I love you, Big Tone! Go Big Tone! Go Big Tone!"

Lauri Bruno said...

From Will: "You're the best, Big Tone! I love you. Come visit us."

LisaMack said...

High Fives to Big Tone. Way to Go !!