Thursday, March 12, 2009

They Say the Apple Doesn't Fall Far From the Tree.


The final Shiver went well. 50 degrees, 500 runners, a rather large Big Tone Tri Army present (MacKenzie was my first River Rd high five!), but no Don. He was nursing his dehydrated heel(anyone at bowling night will understand this diagnosis). I didn't see the old shirtless gloved man but that doesn't mean I beat him! I think I edged out the lacrosse team that ran as a group. Although, I think they really didn't care about the fact that there was a clock on the race.
I have had a good Type I factor the last couple of weeks. This Ralph adjustment has really made the difference. Waking up nearer to range is a nice thing. I've had only one low on the treadmill in a month. That's because it was on a day Missy made me count points(I blame everything on Missy, if you haven't noticed...). All the highs and lows and thinking about the day's fuel really are the baseline to the big day. My biggest concern is fueling for all three events back to back. I feel pretty confident. A few days prior with plenty of water, a bagel 2 hours before the gun, and a couple of bags of sports beans will lead me through the river loop, around the park and to the museum and back. I have to admit, the crowd at the corners of the shiver really keep me pumped. I hope there's a corner in the big city for all of them and more!
On a less athletic note, I will be celebrating my birthday this weekend. It's really just another day to me but there happens to be a societal hang up about it. Four decades ago, my mom (pictured at a high point above! Ha ha) unleashed me on the planet. I feel like Saturday is the one third point of my life. I've got so much to do, the triathlon among the things on my list. Besides the beer chugging lady pictured, Missy, my girls, silent Jim, the Northern Exposure, and a few more who know who you are, I want to make sure I have enough time to protect and support all of you and then some. I've done plenty for a living til now, the next two thirds of my life will be spent saving people as a super hero, a nurse, or whatever I can do. Plus, a lifetime isn't enough for me to love you all.
Look around for the chance to say, Go Big Tone.

5 comments:

Big Tone's Mom said...

If you all look a little closer you will notice that it IS NOT BEER, unlike some one else who is going to be 40 on 3/14. Watch out for those cows, fish and whatever animal is on this earth.

We are all for encouraging in this family and support whoever needs us and whenever they need us.
Love to you all and have a great birthday son (but don't forget you don't turn 40 until 6:15 pm.
Love
Mom

BIGdaddy said...

In the words of the bard..."Beware of the Ides of March"

aimeeg said...

I came across this quote and thought of you:

"You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream."

Happy Birthday, Big Tone! Keep inspiring us all!

LisaMack said...

Happy 40th Big Tone !! Your words give me the strength to fight my issues. Thanks

Donny B said...

I'm pleased to report the heel is now fully hydrated. ... That looks a lot like half of my good friend Beth Youse next to Big Tone's Mom. ... Anyone up for a day in the Big City to celebrate BT's 40th?