Monday, February 22, 2010

Oh How I Long For Race Day...

Wow! A lot has changed since my last post. I apologize for the hiatus and will promise more commentary to come. The biggest change for me has been work. I now promote our company's insulins. I have always wanted to be in the diabetes market for work. It has been truly a wonderful experience discussing this disease with health care professionals. My own stories have been met with open arms to date!
Enough about work, here's where I am with fitness. As usual, I will be honest. A few weeks ago on my 3rd week of continuous training in the basement, the treadmill broke. The deck split in half. Thankfully I was on it at the time and not more precious cargo like the 3 women I live with. So with that malfunction and 2 feet of snow on the ground I have taken up nothing!! Except for a few days on the wind trainer. I really long for a good hill ride on Madonna when the weather breaks. I'm not such a tough guy to bike in the cold. We joined a local fitness center for the equipment. Tonight will be our first venture into that big unknown. My plan is to drag Missy with me as much as possible. We tend to do well when we know we can do something together.
My diabetes has been pretty solid. The omnipod and my Ralph have really provided some great convenience for such an hour by hour disease. I just added a continuous glucose monitor to help me get tighter control of my numbers. It's only been a week but the people at that company have been as nice as the omnipod people. I can already see a difference. Tonight will be a good test for the monitor when I am at the gym.
I hope I can grab an audience again for this site. I felt like I was much more accountable to workouts when I was sharing my thoughts a couple of times per week. My next post will be to let you know my goals for the year and hopefully commit to a few events. I know it will be a challenge to compete with Facebook! Without momentum and the lack of a big "army", I need some Go Big Tones again. My ears are open...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back Tone! Best of luck to you and your gym partner! May you both stay on task and reach your mutual goals!